|Home > Facilities > Centro de Dialisis San Miguel Arcangel
Centro de Dialisis San Miguel Arcangel (Opening Soon)
Centro de Dialisis San Miguel Arcangel in Naranjito, Puerto Rico offers In-center Hemodialysis.
About Centro de Dialisis San Miguel Arcangel
Centro de Dialisis San Miguel Arcangel is committed to providing patients with the highest-quality
in-center and home dialysis care.
Why are we different?
Centro de Dialysis San Miguel is the premier provider of dialysis
services in Naranjito, Puerto Rico. Our Dialysis Unit is staffed by specially
trained nephrologists, nurses, technicians, dietitians and Master Social
Workers who provide a dialysis facility designed for patient comfort, with
aesthetic touches that include comfortable furnishings, attractive colors,
individual TV/VCRs and home-like waiting areas.
For more information, contact Enrique Fernandez, Administrator, at (787)
One in Nine Americans Has Chronic Kidney Disease
Many People With Kidney Disease Still in the Dark
Nearly half of people with an advanced form of kidney disease do not know
they have weak or failing kidneys, according to recent research published
in the American Journal of Kidney Diseases, the official journal of the
National Kidney Foundation.
The Facts About Chronic Kidney Disease (CKD)
- 20 million Americans - 1 in 9 US adults-have CKD and another 20 million
more are at increased risk.
- Early detection can help prevent the progression of kidney disease to
- Heart Disease is the major cause of death for all people with CKD.
- Glomerular Filtration Rate (GFR) is the best estimate of kidney function.
- Hypertension causes CKD and CKD causes hypertension.
- Persistent proteinuria means CKD.
- High risk groups include those with diabetes, hypertension and a family
history of kidney disease.
- African Americans, Hispanics, Pacific Islanders, Native Americans and
Seniors are at increased risk.
- Three simple tests can detect CKD: blood pressure, urine albumin and serum